List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] K3b and mp3
From:       BandiPat <penguin0601 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2006-12-17 20:10:46

On Sunday 17 December 2006 05:29, Stelian Iancu wrote:

> Thanks John! That indeed solved this problem.
>
> However, now I get the following message:
>
> cdrdao will be run without root privileges
> It is highly recommended to configure cdrdao to run with root
> privileges to increase the overall stability of the burning process.
> Solution: Use K3bSetup to solve this problem.
>
> (As far as I understand from this, it works just well the way it is
> now, just that it is recommended to setuid cdrdao).
>
> So I press on the "Start K3bSetup2" button and nothing happens.
> Trying to run /opt/kde3/bin/k3bsetup as root from the konsole gives
> me the following:
[...]
> Obviously it cannot find this k3bsetup2 "module". What kind of a
> module is this and where can I then find it?
>
> Br,
> Stelian
========
Stelian,
I don't believe the setup program is included any longer with k3b.  Not
sure why they haven't removed that from the menu either.  Basically,
when you get the message you spoke of above, just click on "OK" and go
on with your work.  No harm, no foul.  Don't worry about it.

All of your settings now are pretty much configured in the Configure
part of the menu and if you feel you only want "Root" to be able to
burn CD/DVDs, then manually change all the permissions on cdrdao and
the other programs used.  I really don't think that is what you want
though, so again click on OK in the message window and carry on as
usual.

bye,
Lee