List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] configure fonts in KMail
From:       Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer () home ! nl>
Date:       2006-12-15 19:05:57

On Friday 15 December 2006 08:29, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> Well, it doesn't work that way.  What I mean is, I guess what you
> call the "message body" i.e., what appears on the monitor when you
> access an email and try to read it,  and what I mean has nothing
> to do with "quoted text" but what I write when I create an email.

"quoted text" is the text with "> " in front of it. ">" is usually
used as quote character, sometimes people use different characters,
e.g. "|" or "+".

> It turns out that when I _reply_ to an email, as I am doing now,
> the text is a nice readable size.

Yes, a new window pops up, that's called the "Composer". "Composer"
is also one of the entries in the "Apply to"-combobox.

> Maybe that's what _you_ mean by "quoted text."
> I guess I managed to modify KMail to do that much, but I can't
> seem to get the _incoming mail text_ to a readable size.

_incoming mail text_: when you click on a message header (or subject)
in the "Message List", the text of that mail ("Message Body") is
shown in the "Message Body"-pane.

"Message List" and "Message Body" are also entries in the "Apply
to"-combo box.

> BTW, there does not seem to be any way to check or uncheck
> "use smaller font for quoted text" in 9.3, and I would not want
> it to do so anyway.

Ok, maybe you have an older KMail. Mine is 1.9.5.

> Text, whether quoted or unquoted all comes
> out the same very small size.  On a 19" monitor, it must be about
> maybe 8 point or 9 point.  What I'm writing in, now, since it is
> _reply_, not new message, is probably about 14 point.  Maybe 16
> point, I forget what I put in, but it doesn't help on receive, or
> transmit new, those are still tiny, tiny.

That's terrible. I too would not like that. I've sent you a personal
mail to help you fix this.

Cheers,

Leen