List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] SUSE 10.2 installed
From:       Lake-Wind <lake-wind () comcast ! net>
Date:       2006-12-08 16:12:20

Clint Tinsley wrote:
> > I've been running 10.2 for over 3 hours now, installed without a hitch on my
> > Dell laptop.
> >
> > The whole set up just feels right, it's quicker than 10.1 too.
> >
> > Even Zen is playing ball too.
> >
> > A big thank you to all involved who help create this awesome distro.
>
> I too just got it installed, not quite as fast as you.  Very awesome.  Novell \
> rolled the SLED 10 desktop menu system. Nice. Simply outstanding at first look.  \
> Will be able to show it to the LUG tonight!
> Clint

I installed 10.2 yesterday afternoon on my test machine to try
it out. Very well done opensuse developers! Nice look and feel
right from the start of the installation. The menus for KDE
and Gnome threw me at first (they'll take a little getting
used to) but I managed to get the classic menus back in both
desktops.

I'll try it on my test box for a few days before diving in
with a clean install on my production box.

I too would like to offer my thanks for this nicely polished
distribution. Thank you!

Mike