List:       opensuse
Subject:    RE: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-announce] SUSE Linux 10.1 "Remastered" available
From:       "Administrator" <admin () different-perspectives ! com>
Date:       2006-10-22 10:03:25

> > The problem isn't deleted, but replaced / updated.  The
> former means
> > the download fails.  The latter means the download gets
> (silently) corrupted.
>
> You are spreading FUD here.  Torrents cannot corrupt silently
> because they store a hash value with each junk of data.  Thus
> if your files got corrupted you must have done something wrong.

I'll admit I haven't investigated in detail the torrent mechanism, and so
can't tell what will happen if the main torrent server changes the base
files mid way through a torrent download.  I do know what I was seeing.
Torrent uploads & downloads were continuing and the files were unusable.
The status of the files wasn't showing an error.  The torrents were started
about a week before the change, and I noticed the problem about a week
afterwards.

Can you explain what would have been happening in the week when everything
looked OK but wasn't?