List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Splitting and redirecting mailing-lists (was: openSUSE governance)
From:       Adrian Schroeter <adrian () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-11-20 11:08:46

On Sunday 20 November 2005 11:50, Pascal Bleser wrote:
> Adrian Schroeter wrote:
> > What we could do is to define more mailinglists to specific areas to
> > improve this (you can see a way better response time already on the
> > opensuse-* lists).
>
> => "support" questions about stable SUSE Linux releases (i.e. 10.0) =>
> suse-linux-e => questions about development versions of SUSE Linux (i.e.
> 10.1) => opensuse-factory

yes that is already the idea.
I have added a note about this on the communicate wiki page.

> Here: opensuse.org community, governance, ...
>
> Could we agree on this ?
> Has anyone on this list a problem with that ?

I simply doubt that this will work, because simply the naming of this list
will make the impression that you can use it, if you do not find any other
matching list.

We should create a governance list instead.

> If we do agree on splitting the lists and topics like that, we should all
> redirect questions and topics that don't belong onto this list to the
> appropriate one.
>
> Maybe the description of the list should be refined on
> http://www.opensuse.org/Communicate

Is this one better now ?

bye
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany