List:       opensolaris-website-discuss
Subject:    Re: [website-discuss] [xwin-discuss] @website-discuss: Please
From:       Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2007-11-19 7:34:44

Martin Bochnig wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>>> We had done this. We (Moinak and I) had been told it would "depend on
>>> our future behaviour, and then they would decide". Message must be in
>>> the xwin archives somewhere, back last July or August.
>> I don't remember you asking.
>
> Ah, yes: I recall that you have a selective memory:
> http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/xwin-discuss/2007-October/002453.html

So where's the pointer to the message in July or August where you asked?  I
can't find one in the archives.   The one time I remember you asking anywhere
for Core Contributor status was during the election, in which you got recognized
by the OGB for your work on the Martux distribution.

>> When I proposed the FOX project
>
> You have proposed it?
> I had long before, only not under the name "FOX".
> See xwin archives beginning in April 2006.
> URL's on demand!

I see mail from you about all your hard work on Martux, but no proposal
to create a joint project to combine your efforts with the Sun team's and
Moinak's in a single shared code repository in the archives from April-October
2006.

> "based on that work" ???
> Yes, true. We didn't push our code into the mercurial gate, but rather
> released stuff on external file servers, for several reasons that don't
> matter here.
> But didn't we release the full complete diffs and tarballs???

Yes, and I'll admit to not thinking about it - but I'll also admit to not
thinking often about who deserves Core Contributor status - we've used it
so rarely (the X community has only had one item come to a vote - the
creation of the FOX project) that it's not something I worry about.

>  If you don't have the Alzheimer's desease you cannot have forgotten my
> full-time involvement.

I have not forgotten it nor disputed it.

> It is also unlikely your partner/boss Mr. "S.
> [anonymoous]" would have gently picked me up from SFO Intl. airport to
> drive me to Menlo Park and introduce me to the whole rest of the X
> server group if I hadn't done something that looks important enough to you:
> http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/xwin-discuss/2007-October/002598.html

Stuart Kreitman picked you up at the airport - he is a peer of mine, another
engineer in the X group, not my boss.   You met our boss, Fred, that day and
at the summit.    Again, I have not disputed that you've done a lot of work.

> Seeing you now writing lied half-truths like above ("based on that
> work")

I will accept that I may have forgotten or made a mistake, but I do not
believe that I have ever lied to you or about you.

>> That shouldn't stop anyone else, including yourself, who thinks either
>> you or Moinak deserve Core Contributor status for that or other work,
>> from requesting that of the community.
>>

> How do you define this? Haven't enough mails been written?

There are plenty of examples in other communities - the format is simple,
either "I nominate ______ for Core Contributor status" or "I request
Core Contributor status for myself" or equivalent language on the mailing
list for that community.

--
     -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@sun.com