List:       opensolaris-laptop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [laptop-discuss] How to replace and restore MBR on dual boot
From:       Brian Ruthven - Sun UK <Brian.Ruthven () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2009-06-30 16:32:42

I can't speak for SP1 (as my laptop already had it installed), but to
allow SP2 to install, here's what I did:

    Follow the links from download.microsoft.com to download the
standalone SP2 program (not sure if this is really necessary)
    Mark the Vista partition as active
    Reboot
    Run the installer
    Boot OSol LiveCD (single-user mode) and use fdisk to mark the
original partition as active.

It would seem that Vista is complaining (in a very long-winded fashion)
that it is not the Active partition on the disk. Shame it makes me wait
the entire upgrade time to then bomb out and spend another chunk of time
undoing the changes.

Never mind. I'll remember that for next time.
Brian

--
Brian Ruthven                                        Sun Microsystems UK
Solaris Revenue Product Engineering             Tel: +44 (0)1252 422 312