List:       opensolaris-laptop-discuss
Subject:    [laptop-discuss] OpenSolaris, docking stations,
From:       Bill Werner <werner () cubbyhole ! com>
Date:       2009-06-29 14:02:07

So I have this spiffy new Dell laptop with an Nvidia display adapter in it, a docking \
station, and 2 monitors connected to the docking station.

How are things with OpenSolaris and being docked/undocked?  It seems to be able to \
detect the network going away and switches over to wireless.  It detects that power \
was removed, so all seems good there.  The problem seems to be the monitors.

The Nvidia display adapter seems pretty spiffy for the most part.   I have configured \
both monitors to use Xinerama and when docked, things work fine.  The problem is when \
undocking, the Nvidia driver doesn't seem to detect that the only display left is the \
built in laptop display and to switch everything over to that.

Anyone have any luck configuring OpenSolaris to handle docking stations, multiple \
monitors, and getting undocked back to just 1 monitor?

This unfortunately is a deal killer for me.  If I can't get this to work, It's back \
                to XP for me. :(