List:       opensolaris-help
Subject:    [osol-help] Re: How to configure the network interface on a Dell
From:       Javier Iparraguirre <javierip () ieee ! org>
Date:       2006-11-15 13:01:16

I am installing the same NIC in the same machine model. I downloaded the drivers and I followed the instructions. However, I cannot achieve steps 2 and 3 in the directions. Here they are:

    1. Change directory to where BRCMbnx2.pkg resides.
    2. pkgadd -d BRCMbnx2.pkg
    3. Execute prtconf to determine instance number of the NIC.
    4. ifconfig bnx2[instance_number] plumb

Can you give me some help to find what to write in place of "bnx2[instance_number]"?. Tanks in advance,

J.