List:       opensolaris-driver-discuss
Subject:    Re: [driver-discuss] [osol-code]  CPU temperature and fan
From:       "Aubrey Li" <aubreylee () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-12-15 7:34:34

On Dec 15, 2007 1:56 AM,  <Casper.Dik@sun.com> wrote:

> >> Is there any existing tools or interface on the solaris can monitor> > CPU
> >> temperature and control fan status?
> >
> >I'm using the following dtrace script to monitor cpu temperatures on > >a
> >Tecra S1 centrino laptop (monitors some dtrace probes in the
> >tzmon kernel module).  Unfortunatelly it's not very useful on ASUS
> >mainboards with the Q-Fan feature enabled: ASUS BIOS controlls the> >
> >cpu fan speed, and ASUS' ACPI code always reports a cpu temperature o> >f
> >40.0°C:
>
> The "acpidrv" code also contains temperature ACPI calls.
>
> "batstat -t" prints them.

Thanks for the info.

# batstat -t
Thermal zone: \_TZ_.TZ00, temperature = 50C, critical = 127C
Thermal zone: \_TZ_.TZ01, temperature = 54C, critical = 100C
        Active Cooling: 71 55

So this is just temperature report, any tools can control the CPU fan?
Or is it already automatically controlled?

Thanks,
-Aubrey