List:       opensolaris-driver-discuss
Subject:    Re: [driver-discuss] blk2scsa code review request
From:       "Garrett D'Amore" <gdamore () sun ! com>
Date:       2007-12-14 19:31:34

Carlos Cumming wrote:
> Since I was looking at your code anyway as an example of how to use
> tran_setup_pkt() I figured I might as well look around...
>
> One thing I noticed is that I don't quite follow what should happen if
> there's a timeout on a request. What should happen if the real device
> goes away?
>
> Thanx, Carlos
Its up to the underlying driver to determine, but normally returning
B2S_ENODEV is the right thing to do.  This is indeed what happens with
my SDcard software.  (And then sd(7d) starts complaining that "Device is
gone" in syslog...)

The blk2scsa framework itself offers no timeout support... its up to the
underlying driver to use a timeout timer, if that is appropriate.

Does that make sense?

    -- Garrett