List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] SchilliX-0.7.2 is out and makes OpenSolaris self
From:       Joerg.Schilling () fokus ! fraunhofer ! de (Joerg Schilling)
Date:       2010-09-27 21:02:28

ken mays <maybird1776@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Mon, 9/27/10, Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
>
> > > Recently patched versions of Sun Studio 12.1.x (Fall
> > 2010) won't compile ON_147 and higher?!? Nor Sun Studio
> > 12.2?
> >
> > Do yu have a pointer? Yesterday, I was not able to find
> > something newer than

> 1. The Feb 2010 patched version of Sun Studio 12u1 worked for building
> most of the other OSOL consolidations. There is another 'patched' version called \
> Sun Studio 12.1.1 in the IPS_134 repo.
> See: http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev/info/0/developer%2Fsunstudio12u1%4012.1.1%2C5.11-0.111%3A20100306T002245Z
>
> "Name: developer/sunstudio12u1
> Publisher: opensolaris.org
> Version: 12.1.1
> Build Release: 5.11
> Branch: 0.111
> Packaging Date: March  6, 2010 12:22:45 AM
> Size: 2.04 GB
> FMRI: pkg:/developer/sunstudio12u1@12.1.1,5.11-0.111:20100306T002245Z"
>
> So, the idea is to get official wording from Oracle that they have tested
> building a recent 64-bit binary build of ON_147-150 with Sun Studio 12.1.x/12.2 \
> without the need for the older Sun Studio 12.

This release is what I used to compile the Illumos base for SchilliX-0.7.2 and
this compiler release is responsible for the fact that the 64 bit boot from
SchilliX does not work (caused by incorrect timestamps from "hsfs" that
prevent all 32 bit programs running on a 64 bit kernel from accessing files).

So it seems that the only solution is to use

sunstudio12-patched-ii-2009Sep-sol-x86.tar.bz2

for compiling.

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)