List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] OpenSolaris cancelled,
From:       Octave Orgeron <unixconsole () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-09-09 15:45:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Yeah, I heard rumors about what the ROCK servers would have been capable of
doing. It's a shame it didn't make it to market. But I would assume that by the
time that could have gotten out of the door, UltraSPARC-T3 or the next SPARC64
would have out performed it. Speaking of Infiniband, I still think that Sun
Oracle should use that as the glue behind the CPU, Memory, and I/O and just goto
a building block architecture.

Octave J. Orgeron
Solaris Virtualization Architect and Consultant
Web: http://unixconsole.blogspot.com
E-Mail: unixconsole@yahoo.com