List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] Doc for build upgrade
From:       Rob McMahon <Rob.McMahon () warwick ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2010-09-02 14:18:10

  On 02/09/2010 12:30, Rob McMahon wrote:
>  Eric Andersen wrote:
>>> If you want to build the official Oracle ON, I don't know.  I think
>>> you need access to closed bits of the OS.
>>>
>>> If you want to move to the Illumos ON, there are instructions here
>>> (at least to get you to 145, not sure about 146):
>>>
>>> http://illumos.org/projects/illumos-gate/wiki/How_To_Build_illumos
>>>
> I've just been trying this, and it all went without a hitch up to the
> point where you're supposed to reboot into 145.  I have not errors,
> and I'm in the new boot environment:
>
> os-devel_145     NR     /          86.05G  static 2010-09-02 11:42
>
> but uname still says snv_134, which doesn't sound right to me.  I'm
> going to continue with the code download and build, but I'm suspicious
> now.
Okay, sorry to reply to myself, but I think this is terminal.  `dmake
setup' fails with

ld: fatal: .../illumos-gate/usr/src/common/mapfiles/common/map.noexstk:
31: expected a `=', `:', `|', or `@'
*** Error code 1
dmake: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cw'

This line is

$mapfile_version 2

So I suspect I'm running an old version of ld.  `ld' is

ld: Software Generation Utilities - Solaris Link Editors: 5.11-1.1689

Can someone confirm that this should have been updated with the move
from 134 -> 145, and let me know what version the ld in that release
should be.  onu.sh under the new BE says "No updates available for this
image".

Any tips (even a "works for me" sent to me off list would be an
encouragement to go back and see where I went wrong).

Cheers,

Rob

--
E-Mail:	Rob.McMahon@warwick.ac.uk		PHONE:  +44 24 7652 3037
Rob McMahon, IT Services, Warwick University, Coventry, CV4 7AL, England