List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [osol-discuss] Doc for build upgrade
From:       Rob McMahon <Rob.McMahon () warwick ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2010-09-02 11:30:07

  On 02/09/2010 11:49, Nikola M wrote:
> Eric Andersen wrote:
> > If you want to build the official Oracle ON, I don't know.  I think you need \
> > access to closed bits of the OS.
> > If you want to move to the Illumos ON, there are instructions here (at least to \
> > get you to 145, not sure about 146):
> > http://illumos.org/projects/illumos-gate/wiki/How_To_Build_illumos
> >
> I updated from 134 to Illumos 145 OS/Net using instructions.
> Point is that after booting in 145, one can download source and continue
> to build Illumos nightly.
> (also explained in the manual)

I've just been trying this, and it all went without a hitch up to the
point where you're supposed to reboot into 145.  I have not errors, and
I'm in the new boot environment:

os-devel_145     NR     /          86.05G  static 2010-09-02 11:42

but uname still says snv_134, which doesn't sound right to me.  I'm
going to continue with the code download and build, but I'm suspicious now.

Rob

--
E-Mail:	Rob.McMahon@warwick.ac.uk		PHONE:  +44 24 7652 3037
Rob McMahon, IT Services, Warwick University, Coventry, CV4 7AL, England