List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Rosegarden-devel] Re: [osol-discuss] Sequencers/music editors
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2006-05-16 15:45:28

Sergio wrote:

> In the fact, i'm certainly not the only one musician as Solaris user
Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if you were. Musicians who also are
linux users are already pretty rare (they may look numerous from the
rg-devel point of view, but that's just because they all gather here),
but musicians using Solaris ? I'd already be hard pressed to find
someone using Solaris at all nowadays, let alone a musician.

> - I'll try to send a copy of this interessant discussion to the
> rosegarden team, in the case where they have the idea to produce some
> development for help us (like also BSD and OSX) :D

Let me be frank : we barely have the resources to develop RG on Linux,
so there's no chance that we're going to spend time and brain cycles to
make it work on another system, unless we'd be sure that we'd meet the
needs of *a lot* of users. A possible first candidate would be OS/X. The
BSD family would be a very distant second. But Solaris doesn't even come
into consideration. We'll accept patches, if someone really wants to
take on this task, but that's all.

--
Guillaume
http://telegraph-road.org