List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    [osol-discuss] KDE 3.4.3 @ Sunfreeware
From:       stefan.teleman () gmail ! com (Stefan Teleman)
Date:       2005-12-28 4:58:02

On 12/28/05, ken mays <maybird1776@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Congrads Stefan and Steve C. !!! Any ETA for the KDE
> work to be ported to the Companion CD?!?

i don't know precisely _yet_, because there are at least two rather
complex steps to be  taken for KDE to make it on the Companion CD:

1. figuring out which of the *many* KDE requirement libraries go on
the Companion CD as part of the "core" distribution, and which go as
part of the KDE requirements dependencies only.
2 (a). building these libraries with the correct Companion CD RPATH and location
2 (b). building KDE with the correct Companion CD RPATH
3. testing thoroughly 2(a) and 2(b).

As soon as we figure these out, we can have a more precise timeline.

--Stefan

--
Stefan Teleman
stefan.teleman@gmail.com