List:       opensolaris-discuss
Subject:    [osol-discuss] building licq on Solaris
From:       eric.enright () gmail ! com (Eric Enright)
Date:       2005-12-25 7:31:22

On 12/25/05, Sh <ssl_hunter@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
> I'm trying to build licq 1.3 on my Solaris x86 snv_24
> I'm using Sunstudio 10 for this purpose
> The problem appears when configure tries to find libstdc++ header files:
> checking vector usability... no
> checking vector presence... no
> checking for vector... no
> configure: error: You need to have the libstdc++ headers installed
> bash-3.00$

Licq has a few portability issues; I've never managed to built it with
Sun Studio though I haven't tried for a year or two.  The g++ in
/usr/sfw works well though.

Are you building on sparc or x86?  The configure scripts for the core
as well as most (all?) of the plugins assume sparc when running on
Solaris and to successfully get configure to run on x86 you need to
remove the line that adds -mimpure-text to the LDFLAGS.

> Unfortunately there is no precompiled package on blastwave.org

I tried to sign up to maintain Licq for Blastwave last year but was rejected.

--
Eric Enright