List:       opensolaris-desktop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [desktop-discuss] Future of Solaris on the desktop?
From:       Tom Servo <superluminal () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-12-28 16:35:05

Apps aren't exactly that much of a problem. I have to compile most I use from source \
anyway, alone because I want to have them done with those super long CPU optimized \
CFLAGS.

But I'm more concerned on how core components are going to be maintained. Whether \
they'll be updated stat like before, or left trailing because it's not deemed \
important. Same kinda goes with drivers for certain consumer components, but I think \
if IllumOS is serious about ABI compatibility, one can help himself out with their \
drivers.

Regards,
-mg