List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] QuestyCaptcha and ConfirmAccount now active on OpenSimulator wiki
From:       Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-25 0:39:02

Hi folks,

As discussed a short while back, I have now changed the OpenSimulator account \
creation process so that it

1) Requires the user to answer a simple spambot-defeating question.
2) Requires admin confirmation.  This is in the unlikely case that a human programs a \
bot with the answer.

This appears to be working in my testing but please report any issues encountered.  \
The login prompt text has been  changed so that it's no longer pointing people to \
request an account on this list.

For anyone interested, this is using a combination of the ConfirmAccount [1] and \
ConfirmEdit [2] plugins.

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmAccount
[2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmEdit

--