List:       opensim-users
Subject:    Re: [Opensim-users] problem with sits and anime is back for me
From:       Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-05-15 21:03:10

It sounds like there's something odd going on there.  Are scripts running in general?

A very outside possibility is to check that your server is running an English locale. \
I believe we caught all the  problems where we weren't explicitly setting this (and \
hence number formatting being different by locale) but it's not  completely \
impossible something has slipped through.

On 12/05/13 20:09, Serendipity Seraph wrote:
> Thanks but there are no script alerts and these are things that work fine when the \
> same oar is uploaded to kitely.  So it seems likely to me that there is some .ini \
> setting somewhere that it is wrong creating a server side issue.   It is not a \
> script or client side issue.
> When I ran the server the first time and it asked its first time questions for some \
> reason it failed to change any of the ini files appropriately so I ended up editing \
> them by hand.  So I have some suspicion there.  The main changes were simply to set \
> my external IP address in various places.  (Separate wish list item that it is only \
> necessary to set it one place and it just propagates correctly).  So I have half a \
> suspicion that I set an external IP somewhere that really needs internal.  Beyond \
> that I have no clue.
> On May 12, 2013, at 7:58 AM, Luisillo Contepomi wrote:
>
> > Hello Samantha,
> > Try:
> > 1.-Edit the object (ao or sit prim) and recompile scripts in selected objects. \
> > Look if have some script alert. 2.-Edit the script in contents and look if the \
> > scripts is activate or is stoped. Regards,
> > Luisillo
> >

> > 2013/5/12 Serendipity Seraph <sseraph@me.com <mailto:sseraph@me.com>>
> >
> > I just downloaded and set up a fresh 0.7.5.  The problem I have experienced \
> > before of not being able to sit or use any poseballs is back.  When I even click \
> > on something scripted that would bring up a menu that doesn't do anything either. \
> > I brought up the sweetness AO and clicked on it and nothing happen.  I drop some \
> > poseballs known to work in opensim and try to sit on one.  Default sit pose and \
> > no way to make the poseball work.  If I take an anim and play it in world it \
> > arbitrarily stops working after a short time as if some AO was on when none is.
> > Very odd and very annoying.  Any ideas how to escape this?  I am running the \
> > latest opensim version of Firestorm on a Mac.  My opensim installation is on \
> > ubuntu.  The Firestorm version and such is working fine when I visit Kitely \
> > worlds or osgrid or SL.
> > Ideas?  Places to look?
> >
> > - samantha

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)