List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Idea about "Daylight Saving Time rules"...
From:       olivier () van-helden ! net (Olivier van Helden)
Date:       2012-05-26 8:34:26

In world time is aligned to server time, anyway.
You can make the test: change your computer hour by 10 minutes, for example, and then \
connect to  a grid (hosted on another computer of course). In-world time will follow \
server time, not your computer. As the time is given by the login server, having some \
of the simulators running on other machines with a different time will not have any \
effect on users in-world time.

However, as a general rule in a "any-kind-of-service" network environment, it's \
better to use NTP to ensure relevant time. This is definitely made at system-level, \
not at grid level.

Le 26 mai 2012 ? 08:57, OpenSimFan a ?crit :