List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Awaiting region handshake
From:       dmitreraposo () gmail ! com (Dmitre Raposo)
Date:       2011-08-31 20:02:45

Dear Gary,
Thank you so much for the orientation.
I created an opensim standalone grid with one region in the other computer with \
windows 7. Both the diva d2 grid from the vista computer and the opensim grid from \
windows 7 computer are working well. From local and from remote. Let me say what I \
did: 1-I bypassed the router, making the computer connected straight to the ISP \
modem. 2-I turned the windows firewall off
3-I turned the avg antivirus off (looks like the people don?t considere the antivirus \
should block something). 4-I changed the ini files to use my external IP address as \
you suggested (got from cmd.exe ipconfig) 5-Asked the remote friends to use \
http://myExternalIPaddress:9000 to login

Then, this work. They was able to connect to the grid from Diva D2 and also to the \
new grid straight from opensimulator.org intructions.

The conclusion is I have no grid setup problem.  The most probable issue is the \
router. I was using Belkin Surf router. I bought a new router suggested from the \
simulator.org list with the most large loopback, the D-Link DGL-4500. Soon I will \
back here to update. (Just in case, I bought it by $87 days ago.)

The remaining issues are about the Windows firewall and the Antivirus.  About windows \
firewall, I believe the ports are open well, unless there are same ports being used \
by another applications (I don?t have skill enough for this), that make some kind of \
conflict (only supposition). About the antivirus I will ask them in case of the \
handshaking problem remain after install the new router.

Thank you again and I will be back with the conclusion about the new router \
installation.