List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] DynamicTextureModule - load assigned texture
From:       jjustincc () googlemail ! com (Justin Clark-Casey)
Date:       2011-06-30 21:50:59

On 30/06/11 05:41, Karl Haas wrote:
> I'm using the module DynamicTextureModule to write a text on the texture of a prim. \
> If I login after the texture has been assigned to the prim, then the client does \
> not show the texture. If I create the texture when the client is already logged in, \
> then I can see the texture. Do I have to reload the texture when the first client \
> logs in?

This may be a bug - the texture should appear whether or not the avatar was in the \
sim when the texture when it was set.

> Is it possible to add permissions to a prim so that just a specified group of users \
> can see the content (texture) of that prim?

It's probably possible with a lot of hacking around in OpenSim internals but not \
otherwise.

Media on a prim might offer something like that - I can't remember.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog