List:       opensim-users
Subject:    [Opensim-users] Freeswitch Experiments
From:       ai.ai.austin () gmail ! com (Ai Austin)
Date:       2010-07-30 8:26:32

I wonder if anyone knows the purpose of the use of ort 50505 with the
Freeswsitch module.  It is somethign configured in the
[FreeSwitchVoice] section of Opensim.ini but is not a port mentioned
on the Freeswitch firewall setup page... and Freeswitch seems to be
working without it being a port open on our own firewall.

We had to open ports
    1720 for H.323 call control
    5060 for the main default profile calls

We also opened other standard ports 5070 and 5080 for other profile
SIP traffic but I don't think that Opensim uses those... unless
someone knows they are needed?

But it would be nice to establish if port 50505 is used and what
these two lines in Opensim.ini actually do?
      freeswitch_echo_server = same host as freeswitch server (from
opensim setup wiki)
      freeswitch_echo_port = 50505