List:       openpkg-dev
Subject:    sudo config handling
From:       Karl Vogel <karl.vogel () seagha ! com>
Date:       2004-08-18 13:14:47

I just updated my development machine using:

$ openpkg build -P sudo -N "sudo -u cw" -Kua|bash

However, I noticed that the new sudo package (sudo-1.6.8-20040818) moves the
existing sudoers file to sudoers.rpmsave and installs the rpm supplied file
as the operational one.

Is this intended?!

Wouldn't it be better to install the new config as sudoers.rpmnew and leave
the user's current config as-is?!

NOTE: this broke the upgrade run, as I was using sudo in the 'openpkg build'
stage.. and suddenly I didn't have any permission anymore to run sudo :(