List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: Planck's constant in formula
From:       Divakar R <divakar.ramachandran () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-10-14 6:00:51

Thanks for the replies. I have found that the selection pane already
has the required character. This is under the group 'others' and
includes a number of other english and greek crossed characters. To
access this either (i) select the 'others' group in the selection pane
and click on the required symbol underneath, or, (ii) right-click in
formula pane, select 'others' from the pop-up menu and select the
required character, or, (iii) type 'hbar' in the formula pane.

'overstrike h' suggested by ain also works but the overstriking is
much bolder than the underlying 'h'

Some fonts do have the required character 'hbar' at Unicode 210F as
suggested by RDE and Joe, but I could not find a way of entering this
under Linux-KDE. Alt+210f may work under MS Windows (have not tried
this but think that there may be a problem entering f with alt
pressed). Paste option is not available when in the formula pane.

Thanks to all once again,
Divakar