List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: Planck's constant in formula
From:       RDE <rodengelsman () ruraltel ! net>
Date:       2004-10-07 5:38:26

Divakar R wrote:
> Hi All:
> How do I create a symbol for 'h-cross' that is, the symbol used for h
> divided by twice pi, where h is Planck's constant. The usual strike
> through is one option but I cannot find a way to do it when in formula
> edit mode.
>
> BWs,
> Div.

You shouldn't have to create it. I found it in several TrueType fonts --
Euclid Extra, Euclid Math Two, StarSymbol. You can copy and paste
characters into the formula editor from whatever the Linux equivalent to
Character Map is (I'm on XP). In fact, that works better for some things
like creating the mu symbol for micrograms, etc. The spacing to the
following character works better that way.

Rod