List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Printing is really slooow
From:       Benjamin Long <bflong () longbros ! com>
Date:       2004-07-01 17:11:25

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 06:04 am, you wrote:
> Hi
> I'm using Openoffice quite happily. It's the best wysiwyg I know, and
> it's a LaTeX fan talking here. However, I still have a problem and it's
>
> : it take ages to print whatever from any of the component of OOoffice.
>
> I've tried to generate a pdf file and to print it via acroread with the
> same result (the file for a 4 page text document with few formatting is
> 1.2 MB !). Is there something I should do ? I'm working on a Pentium IV,
> mdk 10 os, 512 MB memory, and printing via cups, the printer is a HP
> 8150 N so it's all fast devices. I noticed that once loaded in the
> printer it takes ages to be processed....
> Any suggestions
>
> Cheers

I have that exact same printer at the office. I get the same thing when trying
to print PDF's. It takes ages to print, and it's not a Linux problem as the
Windows clients have the same issue. Sometimes the printer sits there saying
"processing job" forever, then eventually returns to "Ready" without printing
anything. I think the printer is running out of ram to store the Postscript
data, but I'm not sure.

Benjamin Long

PS: cc'ing to the list because it appears you are not subscribed.