List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] cannot open this rtf
From:       "Kelvin" <demo02 () onlineconnections ! com ! au>
Date:       2004-06-02 3:41:46

Shawn wrote,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn McDermott" <shawn@trulypersonalconsulting.com>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 12:56 PM
Subject: [users] cannot open this rtf

> Can someone check out this rtf?  I cannot open it in writer (or kwrite)
> but can open it with a friends XP MSWord.
>
> http:/members.cox.net/shawn.mcdermott/dss_face_sheet.rtf
>
> Thanks
> Shawn

Hi,

I can confirm that this rtf file opens up as a blank page under
OO1.1.1/WinXP. It opens fine using MS Word 2002.

I found this exact same behaviour just recently in an rtf document from one
of the major travel agent groups I deal with.

I further tested this with OO1.1.0/WinXP and also only received a blank
page. The title bar also had the file name so it is trying to be opened.

May I suggest raising it as an issue if it has not already been raised. If
it has been raised, a link to your document may also help.

Thanks

Kelvin

www.MiniBooks.biz
www.MyAnswers.biz