List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Re: if adding things to OOo was dead simple
From:       "Kelvin" <demo02 () onlineconnections ! com ! au>
Date:       2004-04-20 14:08:02

Tamar wrote,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tamar Granor" <tamar@thegranors.com>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:58 AM
Subject: [users] Re: if adding things to OOo was dead simple

<snip>> Seems to me we've had a lot of discussion around here about what the
> appropriate defaults are for the various features meant to guide
> users, but that some people really hate. Maybe what's needed is a
> chance to decide during installation. If the choices were really clear
> (like "Help me as much as you can," "Help me with tough stuff" and
> "Leave me alone"--not really those wording, but those ideas), people
> could make an informed decision and get most of the defaults right for
> their situation.
>
> Tamar

Hi,

I think this is a good idea. You could raise an RFE if it has not been
raised before and let the developers know and decide.

May I add two variations. I think the options should be available from
within the package after installation. I also think a the ability to set up
customer default profiles would be good.

There are times when I want to turn things off, and times when I want them
on. It would be good to have an easier mechanism. For example I change
settings to suit myself. But I would also love to be able to change settings
back to standard for support and when raising issues.

Regards

Kelvin

www.MiniBooks.biz
www.MyAnswers.biz