List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: if adding things to OOo was dead simple
From:       blabla <blabla1 () cwazy ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-04-17 19:31:10

G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 14:53, blabla wrote:
>
>>G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

>>>Why? Because MS has it?  Why not simply turn on Extended tips in Help
>>>and get the same effect by hovering your cursor.
>>
>>Dear G. Roderick Singleton,
>>
>>how I managed to miss this excellent feature I don't know - but then I
>>don't know a lot things :-)
>>
>>I reckon it would be a good idea to have this feature turned on
>>automatically so that people who have just installed OOo and start
>>working with it straight away don't make the same mistake as me.
>>
>>Now is that a bug, an issue or... ;-)
>>
>>Thanks a lot!
>

> For the record, enter Help in Help-Contents-Index-Search terms and you
> will find explanations for this and other features.  While Help is still
> a work in progress, what is there is quite good and I encourage users to
> at least have a look.
>
> BTW, I think the current defaults are fine. Not to chatty and not too
> terse. However if you think it worthwhile file an enhancement issue.

It is not that I haven't had a look. Indeed, I've been through a fair
amount of the stuff, but I reckon I am not alone in the "use first and
then check help when needed" approach rather than first checking how to
use help before using it if that is at all intelligible.

But a file enhancement issue it will be, I even know what you mean.

Thanks again for your help.