List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Re: if adding things to OOo was dead simple
From:       CPH <cphennessy () openoffice ! org>
Date:       2004-04-17 16:49:57

On Saturday 17 April 2004 16:19, blabla wrote:
> Kelvin wrote:
> > I have found many instances where pressing Help simply takes me to an
> > area of the Help file which is not specific enough, and I think this
> > should probably be raised as a bug. (Maybe someone could advise if this
> > should be an enhancement.)
> > The Question mark idea is
> > worthy of an enhancement request if it has not already been raised.
>
> Unfortunately I am not familiar with the differences between
> enhancements, bugs and the whole lot of other stuff available and I have
> despaired at trying to find out the difference (perhaps a kind of
> organogram would be a cool intro for the uninitiated), so I don't know
> what would be the appropriate action to take.
>
> If somebody is reading this who is involved in the help section I (and
> some others, too, I believe) would be grateful for further guidance as
> to how one could channel all suggestions for a better help system.

Basically a bug is a feature which does not work as it is supposed to work.
A feature is a piece of complete functionality available to you in
OpenOffice.org e.g. printing to PDF, advanced word count, etc.

--
CPH : openoffice.org volunteer

				http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Also please reply *only* to users@openoffice.org, as your responses will
be answered more quickly, more correctly, and shared to help more people.