List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Re: if adding things to OOo was dead simple
From:       "Kelvin" <demo02 () onlineconnections ! com ! au>
Date:       2004-04-17 12:51:53

Ingo wrote,

----- Original Message -----
From: "blabla" <blabla1@cwazy.co.uk>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2004 8:03 PM
Subject: [users] Re: if adding things to OOo was dead simple

<snip>

> No, sorry, not quite clear...
>
> I mean that when you open an input window (such as Insert|Indexes and
> Tables|Indexes and Tables) it would be nice to have something akin to
> the MS question mark - or even better a simple right click - to call up
> a little description of what that particular item or field actually does
> and how it interacts with other items/fields.

Hi,

I just tried what you said using OOo1.1.1 under Windows XP. If I click in a
field and Press F1 or the Help button, I am taken to the relevant spot in
the Help file.

Does this not work for you?

I have found many instances where pressing Help simply takes me to an area
of the Help file which is not specific enough, and I think this should
probably be raised as a bug. (Maybe someone could advise if this should be
an enhancement.)

In OpenOffice.org you need to click on a field for this to work.
Unfortunately this can change the value, such as a check box. I do find the
Question mark approach much better.

In fact extending your example, if I click on the Entries Tab, click on
Chapter, and then click on the Help button, I am shown the "Welcome to the
OpenOffice.org Writer Help" screen, which is not very helpful at all.

I would suggest raising bug issues for these. The Question mark idea is
worthy of an enhancement request if it has not already been raised.

Thanks for raising this. I had noticed it before but not paid it any
attention.

Regards

Kelvin

www.MiniBooks.biz