List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: if adding things to OOo was dead simple
From:       blabla <blabla1 () cwazy ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-04-17 10:03:42

CPH wrote:

> On Friday 16 April 2004 09:45, blabla wrote:
>
>>Daniel Carrera wrote:
>>
>>>  *  Fix the freakin "help" system!! (boy, what a misnomer!).
>>
>>Hear hear! Some kind of context help would be most welcome.
>

> You mean like : "Help" -> "Help Agent" ?
>
> CPH

No, sorry, not quite clear...

I mean that when you open an input window (such as Insert|Indexes and
Tables|Indexes and Tables) it would be nice to have something akin to
the MS question mark - or even better a simple right click - to call up
a little description of what that particular item or field actually does
and how it interacts with other items/fields.

If you click on the help button at the moment all it does is open the
help file. Then there is a lot of clicking and moving and resizing and
scrolling to do to see what does what and it is somewhat inconvenient
and offputting.

So there, does that make sense? Unfortunately, not having a clue about
programming, I am not sure whether this would be a pain the arse to do
or not... But it would make OOo a lot more accessible to Joe Bloggs from
round the corner.

Hope this helps.

Ingo