List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] install
From:       "G. Roderick Singleton" <gerry () pathtech ! org>
Date:       2004-01-13 21:16:46

email
address you can use when you have a users problem or question about
OpenOffice.org.
However please note that it is a moderated email list and most replies
*only*
go to the mailing list so you should really consider subscribing by
sending
an email to users-subscribe@openoffice.org.
There are many questions asked and answered on the users mailing list
every
day, if you find that there is too many emails then you can read the
messages
to these lists on http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.questions.
On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 08:28, vze7cfwp wrote:
> i cant install your product towarda the end when set up should finish i
> get an error message that microsoft got an eror and must close setup
> do you have a remedy?
> thanks abraham

I can think of many reasons why this might happen. For example, you have
a bad spot on disk, your memory has a bad bit et cetera. However one
that may have happened is that your download image is corrupted. To
check this run md5sum on your downloaded image and compare the results
to the list on the download page. If you use windows, there is a list of
sites from which to get a windows version of this utility.

Please reply only to users@openoffice.org
--
Dream BIG dreams! Others may deprive you of your material wealth and
cheat you in a thousand ways, but NO man can deprive you of the control