List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] powerpoint
From:       Matt Needles <needlesm () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2004-02-09 5:39:42

Sharon Wills wrote:

>Can I download a powerpoint program or viewer from your site?

Not exactly.  PowerPoint is a Microsoft commercial program, only
available at retailers or from Microsoft.  We produce an office suite
that will read and write the Microsoft file formats, however, and our
program is totally free.  You may download it from our website,
http://www.openoffice.org, though it is a big download, over 60 MB for
Windows.  Installation instructions are available there as well.  This
list is where you can ask any questions to help you use the program, but
you'd need to subscribe to get any replies, unless the replier cc's you
as I have done.

--
Matt Needles
Openoffice.org Instructor