List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Re: importing tab/space delimited files into calc
From:       CPH <cphennessy () openoffice ! org>
Date:       2003-12-08 20:23:47

On Monday 08 December 2003 14:46, Bruce Bowler wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 11:15:34 +0500, Bill McKelvie put fingers to keyboard
>
> and said:
> > Dear Bruce,
> > Have you tried this?  (It worked with on XP):
> >
> > File -> Open -> Files of Type: "Text CSV (*.csv, *.txt)"  (about 1/2 way
> > down
> > the list)
> > ->Open (after choosing your file of course).  You should get a Text
> > Import dialogue.
> > The file name still seems to need a .csv or .txt extension.  If your file
> > doesn't then I'm stuck.
>
> Thanks for the above, you're right it works fine if the file is .csv or
> .txt.  My problem is that it's neither of those and for various reasons,
> I can't rename it (well I could, but then I'd have to rename it back for
> processing by another program, for which we don't have source and expects
> a certain file extension.)

When you do "File" -> "Open" change the "file type" to "Text CSV" and it will
work

CPH

--
CPH : openoffice.org volunteer

					http://support.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Also please reply *only* to users@openoffice.org, as your responses will be
answered more quickly, more correctly, and shared to help more people.