List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] importing tab/space delimited files into calc
From:       "Bill McKelvie" <mckelvie () cyber ! net ! pk>
Date:       2003-12-06 6:15:34

Dear Bruce,
Have you tried this?  (It worked with on XP):

File -> Open -> Files of Type: "Text CSV (*.csv, *.txt)"  (about 1/2 way
down
the list)
->Open (after choosing your file of course).  You should get a Text Import
dialogue.
The file name still seems to need a .csv or .txt extension.  If your file
doesn't then I'm stuck.

I had the a similar problem and the solution was not obvious to me.  As a
novice user, I would have appreciated an import sub-menu under the File
Menu.  Do others think it is worth filing an issue on this?

Blessings,

Bill