List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    importing tab/space delimited files into calc
From:       Bruce Bowler <bbowler () bigelow ! org>
Date:       2003-12-05 18:01:21

I'm sure I'm not the first to come across this "problem", but obviosly my
skills at formatting the proper query to google are poor enough that I
can't find an answer...

I'm using OOo 1.1.0 on a RHL 8+ box (8.0 with lots of upgrades).  I start
calc with the command /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/program/scalc.

I click on File>>open and select a file that is a tab delimited (or space
delimited, doesn't matter) text file and it opens the file in writer.  How
can I convince OOo to open it in calc *WITHOUT* renaming the file.

Thanks!
Bruce

--
Bruce Bowler        | He thinks things through very clearly before going