List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] importing tab/space delimited files into calc
From:       CPH <cphennessy () openoffice ! org>
Date:       2003-12-06 19:09:23

On Friday 05 December 2003 18:01, Bruce Bowler wrote:
> I'm sure I'm not the first to come across this "problem", but obviosly my
> skills at formatting the proper query to google are poor enough that I
> can't find an answer...
>
> I'm using OOo 1.1.0 on a RHL 8+ box (8.0 with lots of upgrades).  I start
> calc with the command /opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/program/scalc.
>
> I click on File>>open and select a file that is a tab delimited (or space
> delimited, doesn't matter) text file and it opens the file in writer.  How
> can I convince OOo to open it in calc *WITHOUT* renaming the file.

One of 2 ways :
1) rename you file so that it has the extension .csv
2) in the file open dialog change the file type to "Text CSV"

--
CPH : openoffice.org volunteer

					http://support.openoffice.org/#FAQ

Also please reply *only* to users@openoffice.org, as your responses will be
answered more quickly, more correctly, and shared to help more people.