List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Page titles
From:       Brian Blandford <brian () beb ! me ! uk>
Date:       2003-10-31 18:49:31

William Neil wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I am writing a small book (57,000 words), and on screen it is in A5 size - no \
> problem. The page numbers are in footers -no problem. I save it in OOo. As usual \
> with books I put a title at the top of each page; the book's title on one page and \
> the chapter title on the other, again not a problem; until that is I save it and \
> close down the computer. When I go back to it again these page titles are mixed in \
> with the text and I have to spend days re-formatting. I can get around it by not \
> closing down and minimising the book to the bottom bar, so I just click on it to \
> bring it back up. There has never been a problem doing it this way. But sometimes I \
> am forced to shut down and that's when it goes haywire. Can anyone help?
> William

I've never written a book with OOo (yet!), but it looks to me as what
you need to do is this:

1) Go to Format/layout/page
2)Check page size, orientation etc are what you want, and especially
make sure that "Layout settings/ Page layout" reads "right and left" in
the appropriate box
3)Click the "Header" tab in the same Format/layout/page dialogue, and
there check "header on" and uncheck "same content left and right"
4) After any other page layout options you want to adjust, click "OK",
and hopefully, you're away.

Hope your book becomes a run-away best-seller!

Brian Blandford