List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] powerpoint
From:       Richard <rholt () telcel ! net ! ve>
Date:       2003-08-26 0:02:40

On Mon August 25 2003 2:46 pm, dale wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> My wife is an XP user.  She needs powerpoint for her 7th grade
> classroom.  I was going to purchase Microsoft Office for Teachers,
> but my wife doesn't need all the extra gadgets that comes with.
> Someone recommended your site for a potential solution.  Do you have
> a program that is like powerpoint that won't cost $100.  Any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Dale Fincher
> danbury@att.net

Download a copy from here:
http://es.openoffice.org/project/www/dev_docs/source/download.html
It's free as in lunch and as in speech.

I'd suggest that you get the OpenOffice.org v1.1 RC3
This is a release candidate. Though it will probably be replaced in a
couple of weeks, it has much improved handling of Powerpoint files.

regards,
Richard.
http://es.openoffice.org/index.html