List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] HELP NEEDED
From:       Alex Fisher <alexf-ooo () hypermax ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-06-17 7:06:49

Guys, from the headers it appears as though Dorothy is not subscribed....

Hi Dorothy, Comments inline....

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 03:52, Dorothea Armstead wrote:
> I purchase OpenOffice from Luxuriousity and received my CD this past

You have my immediate attention (and sympathy too). There have been some
questions raised elsewhere about them...

> week.  I did attempt to install the program but kept getting "the
> run-around" because everything the instructions told me to do was the
> opposite of what my program was allowing me to do.  I am running an HP
> Pavilion with 20 gb ram.  I tried to "deinstall" as per instructions so

If you want some instructions which are easier to follow, try looking at
http://www.hypermax.net.au/~user/settantta/ooo/default.html

> that I could reinstall, but my system (display\add/remove programs) told

Don't bother with this utility. It isn't necessary, and really makes it much
more difficult to do the install.

> me the program "was already installed" and said NOTHING about remove.
> When I clicked "add", I got the message that I had to go back to my
> system to install - a vicious circle!  I am sure it is simply a matter
> of my lack of knowledge but I do NEED HELP!

May also be the way they supply the program. Is there a directory with a lot
of files with names like "f0_001" etc.? Or do you only have a single large
file with a name like "OOo_win_xxxx.zip?

If the former, there should be a program named "setup.exe" in the same
directory. If not, you will need to use WinZip or similar to unpack it first.