List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Spellchecking
From:       Lars Koraeus <lars.koraeus () swipnet ! se>
Date:       2003-04-26 12:50:07

Hi

I am using OO 1.0.2 from SuSE 8.2 Professional.

There are severe problems with the Swedish spell checking.
1) It split up words as if run together words not are allowed.
2) Wrong endings.
3) Missing common and essential words
4) Including nonsens words.

Is this an OO problem or a SuSE distribution shortcomming.
SuSE do introduce a wrong handling to Ispell as well and might have done it
here as also.

In my profession my company does sell pre installed Linux computers.
As by now we have to exclude and totally remove the spell checking from Open
Office as a lack of spell checking is much better than a totally wrong one.

Best Regards
Lars Koraeus