List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Gimp-Print 4.3.8
From:       "Dave Clucas" <clucas2 () rochelle ! net>
Date:       2003-01-29 8:11:54

I'm not an *ix user but plan to be in the future so I try to keep up new
developments. I received this in a post form linuxprinting.org the other day
and thought I'd pass it along.

It is beta but this part of the message caught my eye so I thought I'd pass
it along in case some of you might have not seen it:

   Gimp-print now loads printer and paper size definitions, and dither
   matrices, from XML data files.  The net effect is that if you do
   not wish to run make install (i. e. you want to run programs out of
   the build tree), you must set the STP_DATA_PATH environmet variable
   to the directory (or search path) containing the XML files and
   dither matrices (.mat files).  This is usually .../src/main.

   Removing the dither matrices from the source code has resulted in a
   significant reduction in shared object size.

   Other key components and individual modules will define XML schemas
   in the future.

It is available at the link below.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-print/