List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Font Problem with .ppt file
From:       JD <zhiren () bigvalley ! net>
Date:       2003-01-18 4:41:08

Phil Roan wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm using OpenOffice 1.0.1 under WinME.  When I open a document created in
>PowerPoint (from MS Office 97) some of the characters are not properly
>displayed.  The problem seems to be with characters in mathematical
>equations.  Certain characters, like the equal sign, show up as an empty box
>on the screen and simply leave a blank space on the printed page.  Is there
>a way to fix this?

Hi, I'm actually using OO in Linux so I probably should not even try to
volunteer and to answer. But, anyway, since Windows fonts are much
easier to manage and so centralized [in that /windows/fonts], then why
not to use exactly the same fonts? You can highlight that certain area
in the presentation and change the fonts accordingly.

JD