List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] Problems with dictonary (win98)
From:       "Nick Williams" <njw () jarb ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-07-08 23:24:38

Hi Arthur
Sorry but no luck so far, answers to your questions follow

> when you go to tools --> options --> writing aids --> edit and select
> english(UK) is there an ABC icon in front of the text English(UK)? If
> not the dictionary is not correctly installed.

Yes ABC icon is there

> Check the file dictionary.lst
> You will probably find it in "c:\program
> files\openoffice.org1.0\user\wordbook\"
> Use Notepad to edit the file.
> There should be a line (probably the last line) that says:
>
> DICT en UK en_UK

there's GB, not UK but changing GB to UK meant that I lost the ABC icon.

Might be that the dictinstall program didn't install dictionary correctly.

Where do the dictionary files live?
Can I install manually?
If so what's the procedure?

Thanks for your reply and sorry for all the questions!!

TIA
Nick