List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [webmasters] HELP!!!
From:       Louis Suarez-Potts <louis () collab ! net>
Date:       2002-05-29 23:09:06

Hi
Quite a few are complaining about this behavior and I have raised it as
important.
I believe you must reassociate your files in Windows.
Ask the Windows Help feature; it provides good instructions on this.
I am further redirecting your message to our users list.

To subscribe to this list, to view the archives, and to see other lists,
please go to our main mail list page,
http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html.

Cheers,
Louis Suarez-Potts
Community Manager

on 5/29/02 9:17 AM, PaulWDeVry@aol.com at PaulWDeVry@aol.com wrote:

> I am totally disgusted.  I installed Open Office 1.0 to try it out.  It took
> over all of my Word documents and completely changed the margins, tabs, etc.
> of each one to the point that it became frustrating to use it.  I even tried
> to open each document in Word and re-save it, but it kept reverting back to
> Open Office.  So I did a "remove software", deleted the whole program, and
> now ALL of my Word documents are GONE!!!  Where are they??  I want them back
> NOW!!
Paul Watson