List:       openoffice-users
Subject:    Re: [users] WEBDav problem
From:       Dan Kegel <dank () kegel ! com>
Date:       2002-05-30 2:31:00

Just because 'all the major players' endorse something
doesn't mean it's going anywhere; look at X.500, for instance.

The versioning in the existing WebDAV is primitive, and the
versioning in the next version of WebDAV is so complex that
reading the standard is enough to drive you crazy.

WebDAV sounds like a good idea gone awry to me.  I wouldn't
trust my data to it; I'd rather just use a good revision
control system like Perforce.
- Dan